Originally Posted by iShoot17
An LGS recently got a big stock of rimfires. He called to talk to me the other day about a CZ Jaguar he got in, along with a few European version of CZs (essentially, 1/2-20 threaded versions of rifles we have state side). In talking, he also mentioned getting in a carbon BMR and a black CA Ranger.

After a lot of the discussions going on here and other forums, I’m fighting the urge to go look at all the 22LRs he received.

I’ve resisted the Jaguar since they came out because I hate the brand stamping on the stock, but I may finally crack. Now the BMR and CA Ranger being in the same place.. jeez.

Mark - Did the shootout ever happen between the BMR, Ranger, 10/22s, and 455 thumbhole?
I have them all scoped up and sighted in, but the only shooting has been with CCI SV or Federal Champion. If the gun didn’t seem to like CCI it got the Federal as an alternative.
The BMR, the CZ 455 and the Ranger all seem to shoot approximately the same with the CCI.
So far, the BMR just seems to be the most satisfying to shoot.
Triggers on all of the guns varied. A bunch.
The Bergara has the best trigger out of the box. It’s 2-1/4 lbs and crisp. At this time I don’t intend on messing with it. At least not until it’s been broken in. The BMR is just a fun gun to shoot.

The CZ needs the spring kit installed that I haven’t had time to do yet. This heavy barreled thumbhole stocked rifle is great off bags and it will probably remain a bench and bipod gun.

And now the Christensen Arms Ranger. It’s a very nicely designed and put together rifle that has a few things that needs fixed. The ejector blade needs tweaking to reliably eject cases. If you don’t snap the bolt back sharply the ejector misses the case being held on the bolt face by twin extractors, and leaves it in the action. Every. Single. Time.
This is super annoying and if there wasn’t something else that needed warrantee work, I would adjust it myself.
Moving on to the other issue, the trigger on the particular example breaks at 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 lbs. it’s a decent feeling trigger, just heavier than necessary. In attempting to adjust it using the Allen Headed set screw in the bottom face of the trigger, I couldn’t find an Allen wrench to fit it. Neither Standard or Metric. Looking carefully the top of the set screw is broken and a section of it has cracked and fallen off.
Christensen Arms has a digital return authorization form on their website and they have sent me a UPS shipping label to send the rifle in to them.
There is a lot of potential in the Ranger, but this one needs some work. We will report back after the Ranger returns and I have time to shoot it along with the others.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!