Finally spoke with Mark Cromwell who’s agreed to take a look at the rifle. He’s backed up - no surprise there - but I really like this rifle and will go a long way to salvaging it. So I’ll ship it when I get back.

Things happen for a reason. The problem with the 450 R gave me a chance to work with the 404 Jeff on a pre-64 M-70. Very accurate and flawless feeding and extraction with CEB BBW #13’s at 2500 FPS. If easily feeds empty cases and carries 4 cartridges down and 1 in the chamber. Going into the herds with 5 cartridges ready is not a bad idea.

I promised the GS who made this DGR I would take it after elephant but unfortunately never got to it. This trip will fulfill that promise, unfortunately a bit late. A magnificently classical rifle from a late master fitting for a last safari.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now