Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Wanted one of these back in the day, but only ever saw one for sale, a .308, in those pre-internet days. They were very nice, and some had lovely wood, but they’re gone gone gone, as is TC. Meanwhile, Henry’s are available, also can have very nice wood, and $500 will bring one home. There was a brief issue with the triggers (and hammer-cocking effort), but that was resolved. I’d like to see a higher comb for scope use, but that would make the use of irons problematic and I suspect many are sticking with irons. Not sure what I’ll do with my next one, but I did pick up a nice K4 to try out on it.

Henry is not even in the same universe but better then H&R's and other stuff that has shown up in the past. I wish someone would run with the Aristocrat design again .

I'd rank them a bit closer than that, but whatever. Main point is that Henry's are here, along with factory service and support, while the TCs are "Classics", difficult and expensive to acquire, and frankly IMO, not all that compelling, just like the Encores and Contenders by the same defunct outfit. I might grab one if I ran across it at a reasonable price, but I'd never go looking, and definitely wouldn't pay a price for one that approaches that of a decent falling block. Chances of a resurrection are probably somewhat less than that of the Savage 99.

What fresh Hell is this?