[quote=ROMAC]gnoahhh,

Youcannon at the Savage Fest in Wellsboro is what rekindled my addiction. I'm in the process of starting a wagon carriage for my golf ball caliber Napolean cannon barrel. I originally built a ship style carriage for it but have since learned that it was the wrong style for that cannon so I did what any gun nut would do, I had the correct 18th century Naval style cannon barrel made for the it and started collecting materials for a proper wagon wheel civil war style carriage for it. First step was having an Amish wood shop build me some wheels and then assemble some decent oak and some strap metal and hardware. Your brass turn screw elevation implement is a work of art! I am going to repurpose an old "C" clamp for the elevation screw. I just about have all the materials I need to make a go of it. I just need to get some shop time with my buddy to get it all together.

We could really make some smoke together!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com][/quote

Indeed, Roger!

I've sourced wooden wheels from Amish artisans over the years, but a wheelwright in Colonial Williamsburg provided the wheels for a full scale 1790 Mountain Howitzer I built 30 years ago. A 3-pounder gun whose barrel was a scant 18" or so. A buddy cast two tubes out of bronze and gifted me one. Jeez I wish I had kept it but a fella offered me an obscene amount of money for it.....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty