One thing to think about is with light bullets you can just about hold on fur to 300 yards and kill coyotes. 40gr, 50gr NBT's are great coyote hunting bullets and one of my favorites is the 52gr Speer FB varmint bullet and I use it successfully in the 222 Rem, 223 Rem, 5.6x50R Mag and 22-250 along with the 40gr NBT in my 22-204. I'm a pelt hunter so I don't want to be chasing coyotes all over the place, I want them dead and still sellable, these three have been my goto's for a long time. I have found the lighter V-max bullets to be a little fragile for my tastes and have had too many large exits from 55gr SP's even the highly touted Sierra 1365.

Even Sierra doesn't recommend Match bullets for hunting.

From Sierra website.

"While they are recognized around the world for record-setting accuracy, MatchKing® and Tipped MatchKing® bullets are not recommended for most hunting applications. Although MatchKing® and Tipped MatchKing® bullets are commonly used for varmint hunting, their design will not provide the same reliable explosive expansion at equivalent velocities in varmints compared to their lightly jacketed Hornet, Blitz or Varminter counterparts."

Last edited by erich; 06/02/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders