I have a 1973 vintage 94 in 44 magnum that is more patterning than grouping. It worked very well for years and then one day it didn't. No major falls or drops didn't get run over nothing unusual. I've completely disassembled it, checked the barrel for looseness in the receiver, checked the receiver for cracks all seems good. It would shoot everything you put in it no problem now factory, reloads, 180gr, 240gr nothing shoots accurately ever.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem and if so what did you do about it? Am I missing something what's left to check? Sights were a Marbles tang which was fine until the rifle went out. Went back to the Lyman receiver peep and no improvement. Had even tried a scope for a while and that wouldn't zero. Any Help would be appreciated.

The marked rounds are from the Winchester. It's way worse than it looks here the pattern is roughly a foot and a half around but there's no way to fit a real picture from a good phone camera on this crappy antique platform.

Attached Images
20220520_130952.jpg (20.62 KB, 160 downloads)

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson