Shot the Tru Fire Edge for a number of years, it’s a good release, held up well, shot well for me. The “fold back” works, but - it’s still 5-6 inches of metal strapped to your wrist flopping around, just not in the same direction as your hand is pointing. Good going up into a stand, not as good getting set up, or coming down, seemed to catch on everything around it. I ended up taking it off more than folding it back.

I went to the Scot Recon a few years ago when the Edge was hard to find locally, and I had finally worn an Edge out enough that the jaws wouldn’t close fully anymore. I’ve been happier with the Scot for fit and comfort more than I was with the Edge. I shot the Scot just bit better, as I have it set a bit shorter in length than I could get the Edge. Mechanically- the Scot feels like a smoother release than the Edge to me - YMMV.

I found over the years that I prefer a “tension closed” jaw on my release, I don’t want to be looking for a hook, or have it pop off of the d loop when I’m focused on the game, and not the bow. If I’ve practiced enough before the season, I don’t have to look at the bow, I know what it’s doing by feel.

Either one is going to last well, it’s going to be what feels better on your wrist.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/06/22.