Originally Posted by Rolltide
I've got a Remington 597 LSHB and a Magnum Research Magnum-Lite, both in 22 WMR.

The Remington is very accurate...way more than I expected. I don't know if they offer them anymore, but mine has impressed me. It's on the heavier side and of course, the stock can be slippery.

For a hunting rifle, the Magnum Research is one of my favorites. I replaced the factory trigger with a Ruger BX, but outside of that, I've left it alone. It's in a Hogue rubber stock and has a carbon-wrapped barrel. With a Leupold 3-9x33, it's a lightweight little package that has killed a lot of what's been shot at with it. I almost never go to the farm without this rifle in the vehicle with me.

I also have a Ruger 10/22M that I bought used a few years ago. In factory trim, it was average at best. I happened to have a Boyd's laminate stock that I planned to put my Volquartsen 17HMR in, so I used that stock for the Ruger. I also had a Green Mountain barrel in 22 WMR that I'd planned to use on the Volquartsen to make it a switch barrel option. I also had an extra Ruger BX trigger that went into the Ruger Magnum.

That Ruger has shot more than a few sub MOA groups at 100 yards. I hardly ever shoot it these days, but it puts a smile on my face every time I take it out.

As far as the 2 rifles you mentioned, I can't speak for the Rossi but a few friends own the CZ and all of them seem pleased with it.

Was the BX trigger a straight up drop in for the 10-22 magnum?