Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by saddlesore
If one has money to pay cash for the land, he/she can make lot more money investing in other things.

Land around here has doubled in the last 3 years. Not many other investments do that or are as safe.

We gave $7500 an acre for ground in March, 99% timber. If I wanted to sell today I bet I could get $2k an acre more and I might have to sit on it for a month.

I tried on a 20 acre piece that had a contract within 2 days. Actually had a 100' wide "easement" that was sold with the property, 1/2 mile back to it.

If you don't want to sell around here you better not put a price on it.

Maybe so, but it is usually long term This high inflation won't last long and people will find their land values are under water compared to what they paid/financed for.Then you will see a lot of foreclosures.That high price will be over shadowed short term because of price of fuel, fertilizer, seed. equipment maintenance etc..Then you have the increase of cost of electric or gas for irrigation if you use it. Here in the west 50 acres is a hobby farm.You might pick up a half or full section but you want make living on it . A lot of land takes 30-40 acres to run a cow calf pair. Most land sales are in the 500-1000 acres realm or more.Those triple value land prices are when they are putting 6 or more houses per acre, not farms. Old folks are dying off and the kids want the money.Th developers will grab it up and make a lot more.

Last edited by saddlesore; 06/09/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles