Yes, that's helpfully. Thanks

Years ago I tried to build a custom go anywhere do anything traveling rifle in plain old 30-06. I started with a single point trued SS rem 700 action because I was frustrated with custom action ejection angles at the time. Over about 5 years I tried 3 different custom barrels, all top brands, with match reamer or serengetti reamers used and never could get it to shoot well. I did tons of loading, different stocks, different scopes, everything. I even bought a new tikka t3 in 30-06 to test my reloads with. They all shot great in the tikka.

I've since concluded there must be a problem with that trued 700 action. I still want an accurate custom shorter in 30-06 so I'm trying to get up the nerve to try again. I want it bdl style with an open top action that's easy to get my fingers in. Part of the 30-06 choice is for butter smooth feeding, no belt, plenty of room to seat out and 5 down in a bdl.

My 300 wsm stiller predator with #4 fluted 24" brux has served as a go to for a while and is extremely accurate but has some short comings in the ejection angle and only holds 2 down because the wyatts box sucked feed wise so I modified a straight stack 284 box to feed wsm. I'm also about out of mag length for seating out. Going to a LA 30-06 should make functioning better all around. I'm also going to a lighter contour and 22" max length maybe 20" or split it at 21. I'm thinking about an anti with a #2 brux if brux does a #2 in a 30 cal.

Bb