I was at a Beef and Wine festival recently and there was a Texas Ranger there cooking Ribeye steaks on a chuckwagon grill of sorts to promote the beef industry. The Ribeye bites were delicious, but what really caught my eye was the blade he was using to slice them up.....kind of like a cross between a hickory handled butcher knife, a Chef knife, and a clip point Bowie!

It had flat grind with more of a straight edge than a chef knife, had a nice curve on the end like a butcher knife, and then a pronounced clip point with a sharp tip for detail work. About 8" long, 1.5" wide, and all I had to work with is a picture I took of it.

Sent the picture to my good friend Tim Olt and he's working his magic for me!!! I can't post pics here, but Tim has come up with a great copy of the design for me already!

Tim, by all means share the picture if you'd like.....

My thoughts are it will be a great Camp/Cook knife and general all around duty. However, I'm having him design a sheath for it to keep it handy. I was thinking about an original Bowie style with a stud and Frog, that way I could just shove it in a belt, but then I remember the in the belt style sheath that had just one slot in it that was used by Jeremiah Johnson in the movie and I think that may be better.....decisions, decisions! LOL grin

Thank Tim!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~