The waterfowl hunting there isn't what it was back up until the early 70's. The Atlantic flyway has much less 'prime' wintering habitat than it used to have, and the ducks tend to crowd into those protected areas where there's good food source and little if any hunting pressure. Also weather doesn't drive the migration the way it used to. We used to go up in early November and combine hunting with the Waterfowl Festival at Easton. Great fun and the whole community was simply "ducky" as any place you'd ever want to visit. When I was stationed in the DC area in 2003-2008, I would drive over to the Eastern Shore during the winter and was really disappointed in absence of waterfowl, even geese. As much as I love that area, if I was planning a one-time super waterfowl hunting vacation, I think I would research the Dakotas and find a lodge up there where you could combine ducks & geese in the morning and pheasant in the afternoon. By the way if you really want to get in mood, dig up a copy of the Gordon Macquarrie Trilogy: Tales Of The Old Duck Hunters & Other Drivel. If that doesn't make you break out the decoys in the living room, nothing will.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.