Mod7rem,

That's great that you have been able to spend those years using such an exceptionally good custom pack.
That Dyneema is the best of the best. I tested a piece by folding with creases and crumpling and stuffing it into a pocket every day. Wash days for over a year, I'd throw it in with the regular laundry, jeans and all and really abused it. Guess what? It only lost a few threads on the raw cut edges. I didn't hem it. It faded, but still strong and water resistant. I can't tear it with my bear hands and I doubt it would leak other than the seams. I forgot which denier, but it's what would be used for packs.
I like the way Dan dyes it. The earth tones remind me of distressed leather, more of an organic look to it. The brighter colors came out very attractive too. What color did you go with?

Thank you for the detailed description. Over the years I've read everything that I could find. Your last post is the best description I've ever read about McHale's designs. What you said about the differences between his belt and the typical designs of others makes sense now.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/18/22.