I never got along with my dad very well. Dad was loud and spoke his mind when he shouldn't have. Was mean to us kids a lot. I am like my mom, I think very carefully before I say something or give a suggestion. He worked very hard and saved too much money and never spent anymore than he had to . We did almost nothing for family recreation. Now that he is gone for 5 yrs. I miss him . It started to change as he got older and more humble. He never said he loved me and I never told him I loved him neither untill he was on his death bed. I told myself that I have to tell him I love him and in the hospital I said loudly I love you dad. He was all but unconcious but he did turn his head and looked at me so I am sure he heard me. I told God you have to let him hear me tell him that I love him and I am sure he did. I almost burst into tears that moment and the next day he was unconcious and unresponsive . The next morning he died. I'm glad I said that to him but for God's sake , why did I wait so long??? I dont know, maybe it was his upbringing . His dad was not very loving neither . My wife and I decided we will not raise our kids the way we were raised. They turned out t be way over independent but thats ok. So independent that she left for Taiwan a month after she got out of college for 3 yrs . and now lives in Cairo , Egypt for 5 yrs. teaching 4th grade. My son buys and sells stocks at an investment firm for clients. It is hard to know how to raise kids right when your parent had no teachings , cause their parents didnt know, and their parents didnt know neither, so , it's not all our parents fault if they didnt do a good job raising us. Sometimes it is , but we jsut dont know what is best till it's too late and the kids are gone . Then we see our mistakes.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23