Originally Posted by TheBigSky
My question is thus: Why is it O.K. for you to take offense at specific pronouns being used; however, it is not O.K. for me to take offense at you requiring me to use a specific pronoun which, apparently, has a whole new meaning? Isn't my use of a pronoun for my use or the use of me and the person to whom I'm communicating while referencing you so as to make it easy to identify that of which we are speaking? This whole, now political, discussion is foreign to me. Words mean things people. The sole purpose of a word is to communicate an idea.

Leftist 101, clearly stated since the '30s and readily available to anyone. No mystery there.

Originally Posted by Sun Tsu
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

The mystery is how anyone doesn't know exactly where this is coming from and how it got this far. And even that is no mystery. Someone on this board sums it up nicely;

Chpis 'N Dips . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy