Earlier this week I drove past a neighbor's house with water running out of their garage. Obliviously a plumbing failure of some sort. I contacted my neighbor to let him know. He was in Florida on vacation (who goes to Florida this time of year?) Anyhow, he said he would call a plumber. Because I have a water key I offered to at least stop the bleeding. After that, it took two days to make entry into the house as the plumber declined to kick down the front door to make entry.

Me neighbor called back yesterday to thank me and to let me know it was a washing machine water line that failed. Most likely they had somewhere between 2,000 to 3,500 gallons of water in the house before running outside. I suggested that they install a water detector and automatic water shutoff valve. He had never heard of an automatic shutoff valve.

This is the second neighbor who had experienced a plumbing failure and lots of very expensive water damage. Apparently, not too many folks have bothered to install them.

I have installed the StreamLabs device on two homes and wouldn't live without it. I can remotely monitor water use and set alarms to automatically cut off the water supply and notify me should something go wrong.

Is anyone else using one?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum