Probably one the greatest recruiting tools ever for both teams. The shows they do over air stations are the best where they can get things down near the ground. They have to keep movements quite a bit higher around the mega cities. Videos from the ground suggest they're nice smooth synchronized rides. Shots from the cockpit indicate they're constantly on the stick and the epidemy of concentration.

I can't imagine the skills and training it takes to do ground level stuff upside down. Doesn't seem right to push the stick forward to climb out at the end.

Quite an accomplishment to make those teams. Being USN, I'm partial the Blue Angels. Back in about 1972 they did a 9-day airshow at Dulles (Transpo 72 ). I think every team in the world was there and 3 or 4 pilots bought farm that week. Even got to kick the tires and sit in the shade of a SR-71.

If I could do life over again, I'd not change a single experience across my 4 years of working Naval Air. Worked with A3-B's. I could do everything except pull the chocks and take off. Just tying them down and running them wide open for high power tests was a kick in the ass.

Reaching the age here where several of my pending experiences might be the last go around. One's final flight probably fits in that realm.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/25/22.

1Minute