I have a Ruger Predator 308 that takes the AI style magazines. I also have Tikka 308. If you choose Ruger the only one I'd touch is the Predator that takes AI mags. I've had just enough issues with the standard mags that I can't recommend any Ruger American that doesn't take either AI mags or one of the 223's that take AR magazines.

The Rpredator AI 3 round mags protrude from the bottom more than Tikka 3 round mags. Both are available with 5 round mags. The Ruger will take 10 round mags, but IMO that is just too much of a good thing. I tend to use 5 round mags with either rifle. They do protrude slightly, but so do the 3 round mags and it isn't enough to hurt anything and I just like having 5+1 more than 3+1. Probably not needed, but there isn't any real downside in this case.

My Tikka has a better trigger, looks better, has a better stock and is a tiny bit more accurate. The 18" barrel on the Ruger fills a role however and accuracy isn't significantly different. It is still above average. I do like the Tikka a bit more and the small price difference is worth it. I paid $350 for the Ruger. They are over $500 now for the Predator and no longer the value they used to be.

When I was looking at $350 for a Ruger vs $700 for a Tikka the Ruger looked pretty good. But not at $500-$600 like they are now.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.