You may have noticed the thread about this up in the sticky area. If not, maybe take a look.

I can’t speak for others but, although online Campfire activity has been enjoyable in many ways, actually meeting and learning to know other participants on this site has been very rewarding for me. A number of excellent people – some from distant locales - would not be part of my life if we had not first met at one of these events.

Many of us simply, and understandably, seem to prefer the distance and control afforded by the online environment. However, it also seems that those who have made the effort to interact personally with other Campfire folks in the outdoor setting - thus exposing ourselves more keenly to the realities of who we are and what we do – have gained some additionally rewarding experiences. You are invited.

Within a very few days, we will use that existing thread in tallying those expressing intent to participate, and then no longer rely on that thread. Participants will meet as a group online to plan activities and cover all needed bases in preparation. If you intend to join the event, please let us know in the above noted thread. Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron