When it comes to Accuracy and Precision(2) different things,few things matter less than "contour". Stocks matter for mechanics first and ergo's second,in that mechanical order. Feed/function is getting closer to moot,as one can single feed,as Accuracy and Precision goes. Mounting system,glass selection,the fire control system and ammo selection play HUGE Rimfire variables. Though in fairness,a Savage would be viable for conking fish in the head. Hint.

Delving a bit,the CTR in 223 is a sound mechanical platform,given RPM,throat geometry and COAL play together nicely. The mounting system can be exceptional and the fire control system is sound. Arguably the most Mechanically Skookum Rifle in said chambering,offered over the counter. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

In the top pic I hung,is a 7" RPM Mike Rock 18" threaded Mag Sporter in a XHCG Chassis,chambered 223AI and sipping from a MDT poly 10. Top right of frame. Hint.

Bottom right of frame is a 77/17 Clark Custom(Lothar Walther) Hummer in .720" midweight contour with RB trigger,MacaMillion handle,yada,yada,yada. Next to it an Anschutz 1717D HB 17 HMR,with a barrel chop. my Vudoo Hummer is no slouch either(Lothar Walther spout). Though I've a coupla Garrow uppers too. Hint.

My 17 Whizzum's are 77 based and a piston driven Franklin. LOVE the chambering and would leap Vudoo in a second,if an option. Hint.

Pass the GOOD 22LR and hold The Fluff. They do better at LongRange,not having to break the barrier and then try to slip back through. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."