Over the past 6 months or so, I cleaned out years of accumulated junk in the basement, added another safe (Liberty) and re-organized the reloading room. I added a 10X10 room to the house with adjoining door into the basement for my daughter's kiln (She's a potter, and comes over to the house to do her thing). Bonus- she brings the grandkids to play smile.

Anyhow, during the clean-out phase, we hired a junk removal service to take some of the big stuff that was difficult for one old fart (me) to move. Definitely a worthwhile service, would use them again if needed. A week or 2 ago, I was getting ready to load some 223 for the AR's, and to fireform some 223AI's, so decided to start on the 1000 cases of LC new brass that I had stashed.

Couldn't find it. I turned that damn basement upside down, even to the point of looking inside coolers that I have stored in there. Went through all the car parts, the pottery supplies, the reloading room, everywhere I could think of. Came to the conclusion that the brass must have left with the junk removal guys, that somehow I must have put it in the junk pile.

So I started looking for brass online. No LC to be found. Some Lapua at about $1.25-$1.35 apiece. I eventually bought 200 pieces of Starline for 35cents apiece and called it good, but had the mutters about losing the LC stuff. The day the Starline brass was delivered, I went into the reloading room, sat down at the bench, and looked at the shelf to my left. Bottom shelf is stacked with coffee cans containing fired brass, mostly 9mm and 45ACP. I saw a cardboard flap poking off to the side behind one of the cans.

Yep, there it was, 2 cardboard boxes laying on their side behind the damn coffee cans, each box containing 500 pieces of new LC brass. Senior moment, I suppose. I hope I'm not the only one that has issues like this.............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12