Beautiful Pup, Splatter! Hope he finishes out the best ever!

I hear what you're saying, wood, most people have experienced an adopted/rehomed situation, and had some degree of bonding. What I'm concerned about it the transition of position, the loyalty and respect for commands given. Any dog can acclimate to any home environment, but does the loyalty diminish? (I think it obviously does compared to an owner raised puppy.) We've all heard those "shelter dog" stories that "didn't work out." (I agree that's largely the ownership, but can that be completely overcome?)

Battu, that's a great result. And I think it's a really good idea! I have done that with discipline problem dogs that have been brought to me, and they bonded back really quickly like that. (But then, they only obeyed me sharply in the future. Yes, problem was the owner who didn't take authority, but it made me question the idea.) A month isn't the first ten months, or two years... That's my question... If I put that dog up for sale then, am I selling someone "MY" dog? How do I avoid that?

OldLeo, I'm curious how that will differ from the first one. What 'quirks' are you speaking of? (My idea is to start training as soon as their eyes open. I think the first 10 weeks of feral behavior is a really significant set-back to the dog's development. They obey at 4 weeks. I've proven it.)

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com