wildfowl;
Good afternoon to you, I hope that this July 4th weekend finds you well.

When I was looking for a 10' pole pruner I did look first at DeWalt because I already had a couple batteries for a drill and impact driver set, so I picked up this one.

This is the 3rd summer now for it and it's given perfect service.

The saw works without the center 3½' extension in it so one isn't stuck with it being 10' long if you don't need it.

I've used it on Saskatoon trees for hardwoods, but mostly for Ponderosa Pine and Doug Fir around the place when I'm doing fire suppression pruning. It will cut through a dead 8" Doug Fir branch a bit slower than my Stihl MS 170 for sure, but not that much slower, so it's fairly impressive that way. The brushless motor has a decent amount of jam, but like a chainsaw needs to be started out of the cut and dropped into the wood.

The battery lasts longer than I care to cut, so I want to say at least 3 to 4 hours of cutting. By the time I cut branches for that long it's a full day dragging them out and dealing with them and while I'm dragging and piling the battery is on the charger.

So far I've used the same Stihl bar oil I use on the rest of the chainsaws here and file the chain the same way as well.

Hopefully that's of use to you or someone out there.

Good luck whichever way you decide and Happy Fourth of July.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"