I shoot in a local match where we shoot silhouettes from 80 yards out to 200 yards. All of the shooting is done from a bench and almost always using bipods instead of a front rest.

Typically, we shoot several matches, including:

Unlimited Class, where anything goes

Tactical Class, which is similar to Unlimited except the scope magnification can't be turned higher than 16X

Sporter Class, which is similar to Tactical except the barrel must have a taper to it

Semi-Auto

Magnum, can be a 22 WMR or 17 HMR...but no 17 WSM

An iron sight match has been talked about and I want to either set up one of my rifles for it...or buy one.

I've been debating on either a Remington 40X, a Winchester 52B or possibly even a 54 Anschutz of some sort.

I don't have any experience shooting with irons, but I've heard a few horror stories of shooters trying to dial the elevation on a rear sight to 200 and having a hard time doing so.

What rifle would you recommend for this type of shooting? I'd prefer magazine-fed over a single shot, but there is enough time to use either.

I've got several rimfires...from Anschutz and Coopers to Sako's and Vudoo's. CZ's, Remington 541's, and a bunch of others...

I've even got a Winchester 52B...but the barrel has been shortened so I'm not sure how I can add a front sight and no idea what to use for a rear sight...

If you've read this far...I appreciate the patience to read through my rambling!

So...what rifle and sight combo would you recommend?