Mule Deer & Nimrod1949: I am/was out of the loop on CZ prices but after checking around a bit and the quality of the gun and the gear had me interested - not so much for myself but for others who may want to get into the 17 Hornet "game".
One of my friends killed a large boar Badger with his CZ 527 in 17 Hornet about two months ago - I was not along with him when he got it but he said it was a one shot kill at 150 yards or so.
This was my second spring Varmint season with my 17 Hornet and I have sure been impressed with the nifty little round.
I was in the Shedhorn Sports store yesterday and it was "standing room only"!
The kind of light migration of tourists this summer seemed to all have congregated in the Shedhorn at once yesterday. I was interested in a Ruger MK-III that was previously owned but unfired ANIB it was a stainless heavy barrel "Hunter" version and it was offered to me at $425.00 (original asking price $450.00) when I had seen it last week - and alas yesterday when I went back it was gone down the road as well.
They sell a LOT of guns there - two folks were doing purchase paperwork while I was there yesterday - one was from out of state.
The owners and the gun department folks have ALWAYS been up front, honest, helpful and knowledgeable with me and my dealings/shopping.
Long live Shedhorn Sports.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy