Originally Posted by drano 25
Originally Posted by Fotis
Has anyone used one of these and had it go to crap??? Working on a friend's Bergara b14 HMR in 300 Winchester and can not get the thing to group. So far I have tried RL 22 and 180 ballistic tips and Sierra game Kings nothing will come together.....

If the scope has failed, I’d think the groups would like pretty bad, as in scatter gun (relatively speaking). What kind of groups are you getting with it?

Checked for any bedding issues yet?

You won't always see catastrophic failure and shotgun patterns with a bad scope. Sometimes the groups just open up from 1" or less to 2-3" or more. Similarly, scopes can display wandering zero, wherein the groups are small, but they move over time in relationship to POA.

I had a member on this forum find great amusement in my experiences with wondering zero; he thought it ridiculous that POI could shift when a rig isn't being used. In fact, with many models of scope, it's not all that uncommon for zero to shift while a rig sits on the shelf or in the safe for long periods of times. Many wouldn't even realize they are experiencing it, unless targets from various range sessions over a period of years are placed over one another. Too, some rigs aren't capable of enough precision for it to be readily apparent.

Placing a known reliable scope on a rig sorts out pretty quick if any issues are optics related.