Originally Posted by MickeyD
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
What isn’t widely know is that Connecticut and Massachusetts and all of New England were for the likes of King George the entire time that our Founders and General Washington were walking the walk fighting and dying! Many Tories were passing information to British Generals in exchange for port cities not to be shelled by offshore ships! In my opinion all of New England and the two states mentioned above have been a pain in the ass to all of modern day America!
If Connecticut, Massachusetts, and all of New England supported the king the outcome would have been drastically different.
True, there were many Tories. But to claim Connecticut, Massachusetts, and all of New England was of that ilk is simply painting with to broad of brush.

If their actions during modern times are a strong indication and reflection concerning how their majority lobbied and voted I have no doubts as to the validity of my initial posting! The names New England and New London didn’t just happenstance; rather many people were yearning to be back under Georgie Boy!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!