My advise is to focus on your primary animal and hold out for a good one. Rushing around filling up a list isn't nearly as fun as actually hunting. All the places I've hunted have taken credit cards although it was a pain at the one because we needed to drive into town.

First off, call your farm and speak with them. Make a list of question in advance. They'll know who you should use for shipping. My farm actually preferred I pay with a personal check...who would have thought.

Tipping is dangerous and you can actually kill the help. Yep, give the wrong guy cash and he's off to get aids. My PH told me who I could give cash and who he would need to hold the money for them. I gave away just about all of my clothes. I gave a pair of Carhart jeans to an old bushman that made him so happy you wouldn't believe. Gave a fleece jacket to my tracker and he was beaming.

I liked to tip the gals heavily, my thinking being they are the wives and will most likely spend the money wisely.

Don't give them quality knives, they get lots of knives, and the hard steel makes it nearly impossible for them to sharpen.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein