strikeu;
Thanks to you, rockinbbar and gregintenn for the replies, I appreciate it.

The story behind this was that I really wanted an 05 or newer body style as the SN95 was not really my favorite.

However the 2005 Mustangs had a lot of bad reviews, which carried to some degree into the '06 so that meant an '07 and they weren't giving them away.

At the same time a coworker who was a bit older than me picked this up from it's original owner in Calgary. So it was one owner, always covered, never seen snow sort of rig.

His son worked for a big Ford dealership there and bought it for him before Tom saw it, only pictures.

As he left to pick it up, he said, "My son say's it's maroon and not red. It better not be F'ing red as I HATE F'ing red cars"....

Tom then drives this in to work and I loved it - even though I really didn't like that style - somehow that one was okay to me and I told Tom that.

He replies - predictably - "Yah, it's in really nice shape Dwayne, but it's F'ing red!" laugh

Well rockin, that was the first time I offered to buy it off of Tom. The very first day he brought it to work...

It became a running gag with us for a few years actually. Spring would come, Tom would put the Mustang back on the road and I'd offer to buy it.

I'd bug him at lunch, "Are you changing the oil in my car regularly Tom?" and the like. The lunch room thought it was funny and we enjoyed the back and forth.

My good wife was fully aware of this and knew I was looking for an '07 at the same time, but the right one just never came along at the right price.

One day 7 years back he came into work, looked at me sort of quizzically and said, "So do you really want that F'ing red Mustang of mine?" He'd found a Jaguar sedan he had to have - which subsequently turned out to be like most Jaguars of that era in that it was a never ending money pit.

Anyways, I replied, "Just a second I'll call my wife" and I did and she said, "Finally!" laugh

So that's the story of the midlife crisis at our place.

I was actually thinking about parting with it this summer, but after our eldest daughter and I took it out on our annual trip to a fairly big car show we have in the closest city - there were 800 registered entries this year and as always the parking lots had double that in all sorts of rides. We had such a fine day in it and then my wife and I had a good run after that, so it might stay for another season just because.

All the best to you all and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"