I gave up on group shooting in the late 90’s after finding the score game a lot more fun in various ways. Problem with IBS or NBRSA score matches was that 30 and 6 mm cartridges had a definite advantage due to diameter and the fact all the targets were the same size. This meant that they had a better error factor where they could break the line or X dot even if they pulled the shot.

Secondly IBS and NBRSA until recently ignored the factory class and like most things that true Benchresters do is fugg up a good thing by being snobs and tailoring the match rules to favor themselves.

When I first started score it was supposed to be a match that anyone with their favorite dog gun, deer gun etc to come out and shoot in a class that put them on equal footing. It was supposed to bring new shooters into the bench game by allowing them to compete without having to shoot against custom PPC and BR rifles. Good on paper but in practice it only took a couple of years for the BR gods to fugg it up. Match participation dropped due to rule changes.

UBR just might be a game to get me back to shooting competitively again. Looks like a fun match.

Swifty