I came up with the idea of having a rib sale for a Boy Scout fundraiser last year. It worked really well and we sold about 220 racks. We (both the boys and the adults) cooked and packaged all one day and we got it done. We learned a few things and got some ideas to make it more efficient, but honestly it worked really well how I had it lined out.

Now my main issue is what I can get my hands on to use as a smoker this year. We’re expecting closer to 600 racks of ribs this year. I borrowed a rotisserie smoker we used for competitions, but my friend has since sold it. Does anyone know of something I could look for that would handle that volume of food in a day? I’m not against buying something and donating it back to the scouts to use, but I need a line on something that would work. Anyone have any ideas?

A little background on our program:
We have a decent sized group of boys that do really well, but don’t come from much money. They’re fine with working to earn their keep and they’re used to it. The costs for each boy are over $1000 per year and this is the best way to make that money. Each boy sells their own ribs and they get a large portion of the total in their personal scout account. This pays for each one individually and shows them how to budget throughout the year.

Last edited by Oklahomahunter; 07/12/22.