Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Putin is begging Iran for UAVs.

Russia Air Force is a paper tiger with few teeth.

ISW's assessments have stood the test of time.

ISW Assesssment today

Key Takeaways

The Kremlin is reportedly sourcing Iranian UAVs likely to improve Russian aerial reconnaissance and indirect fire accuracy in Ukraine.

Russian forces conducted limited and unsuccessful ground assaults north of Slovyansk and east of Siversk.

Russian forces continued air and artillery strikes around Bakhmut and Avdiivka.

Russian forces conducted multiple unsuccessful ground assaults north of Kharkiv City.

Russian forces likely conducted a false-flag attack on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in occupied Enerhodar, Zaporizhia Oblast.

Russian and Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian strikes killed multiple Russian officers in Kherson City on July 10.

Ukrainian forces continued to strike Russian ammunition depots on the Southern Axis.
Reading that you'd think Russia was losing. But every time I check out the status, it shows Russia gaining more ground.

From what I understand, neither side has real air superiority due to the AA defense systems that both sides possess. These systems have limited the usefulness of drones.

They're gaining ground - just I've been surprised at how long its taking them to do so. I'd think, to be considered a peer of the US (militarily) they'd be damn near done a while ago already. It's not that they're losing, it's how long they're taking that is curious and says quite a bit, IMO.

Me