Originally Posted by hatari
I bet you roasted in November! July is just about perfect. Even the heat of the day is not godawful.

Went to Zambia first of October on one hunt. Toasty mid day, no doubt about it. 100ºf+. Cooled off at night.

Went another year and it was a cool winter. A week before Laura called and told me to pack a warm coat because it was cold in the morning. I asked "How cold can it be in Zambia in July?" She said, "Our Norwegian clients are complaining!" smile

It was 38ºf first thing in the morning. Now that wasn't in Luangwa, be still, riding in an open vehicle was chilly. We literally covered up with blankets until the sun warmed us up.

A lot of people refuse to believe this, hatari. They go in to town if there's one nearby and buy a coat while over there.

We about froze on the high Maasai Steppe at Tarangeri early mornings in late August only six degrees south of the equator and near Chinoi Zim in mid August.

Take something warm that will compact well into a stuff bag.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”