Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've had a bunch of good .357s, but my favorite was a 686 4" CS-1, a contract overrun for the Customs Service. It had an all-black .1" wide front sight (slightly narrower than normal), a round butt, and lordy, was it slick. I could shoot DA with it better than I could SA, even with magnum loads. I had Pachmayr Compacs on it, because they fit my hands pretty well. It was a sweet rig. I never should have let that guy talk me out of it. It was a perfect size for carrying, and I did carry it quite a bit back then.

Shame that one got away, ratsmacker. I can understand the reverence, though. I've got a few .357's. But, an immaculate no "-" 4" 686 is particularly close to my heart.

None better, IMO. cool

I took a year off paper pushing and worked a gun section of a great LGS. We got some of the first 686s that were shipped, and I picked one out of the twenty guns. It's butter smooth and still tight.

I,too, prefer the Pachmayrs to the stock concalo big grips.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”