Most sxs are set up with the open barrel on the right which is the front or right trigger.

I have two sxs's set up the opposite, one a Lefever skeet gun that was built for a smaller stature person with small hands. When skeet was originally introduced it was shot load one shoot the first bird, load again and shoot the second bird, so a person with small hands could shoot 21 birds with the rear/closest trigger only having to reach for the second trigger on four stations, the shotgun was choked SK-I and SK-II with small ivory mid bed and larger ivory front bead. By the way it works quite well as I made it to the top ten in an International Skeet shoot with it after my 24gram 12ga loads didn't arrive and I was allowed to use 7/8 oz 20ga loads in my wife's gun, the Lefever.

My second one is a Darne that is choked tight right, open left and it was suggested it might have been for driven birds or much like the Lefever it was set up for a smaller stature person as the LOP is quite short. It is choked IC and IM.

Last edited by erich; 07/20/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders