And have found it is SOOOO easy I cant believe I waited so long to do this. A couple $M and you can easily clear $10K on a good year, with good weather, and if nothing breaks at the wrong time.

But I was curious on wheat. How variable are your yields and what are the culprits for the variation? Besides the obvious "rain" answer? I got 79 bu/acre this year average and was curious if it was partly caused by having not grown wheat on this property in the reviewable history (and possibly ever)

In any case I was very happy with it and am currently double cropped with beans which are burning up.

I am simply share cropping and my farmer is a very patient fella who goes out of his way to help me be smarter ( no simple task). He was very favourably impressed with my stand of wheat and in many places it topped 100/acre.

This was soft red wheat BTW in SE kansas.

Beans have a bit more of a track record but last year was rough with severe drought really taking its toll on them, hoping for better this year. I have tried to explain to my farmer that there will be no more of this "too hot, too cold, too wet, or too dry [bleep]" under the new ownership. Green grass and high times!

In any case I may have to make some choices going forward on which crops to plant and was curious given roughly equal rain how consistent the wheat will yield over long time spans?