Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nice fwt Scotty. How do you intend to scope your new 300H&H? As for the op's question, I have a question. I'm wondering how the 4-16x44 Zeiss V4 with exposed turret would do? They are nice and light, have phenomenal glass and supposedly track very well. Also, not to bad mouth Trijicon, but I've had one and the glass was sub par for the course. Probably no where near the level of what todays scopes are, since it was an older one. I know they are regarded as a damn rugged scope though. That 2.5-15x42 is a very versatile power range as well. I hate to bring this question up, but how easy is it to see the reticle when it is on the lowest power setting?? Assuming it's FFP..

I have a Z5i 3-18 that I might put on the 300 H&H BSA. I was also thinking of swapping the Trijicon 2.5x16 off the 270, putting it on the 300 and putting the Z5i on the 270. Haven't decided yet.

No idea on the Zeiss stuff myself. I have heard good stuff about them though.

The 2.5x16 is a SFP scope, the 3-18 and 2-10 are FFP's. Glass and reticle is great to me on the lowest power, even without the illumination turned on. I've never worried about the FFP reticle if it is a good one of shooting stuff on the lowest power.

SB brings up some great options as well. Picking a scope for someone else is like picking out a color for a pickup truck. We all like stuff for different reasons and nowadays, I just get what works for me.

You keep calling it a 2.5-16x42, but the picture you posted says 2.5-15?? Semantics I know, but that's what I'm seeing. Are you talking about a different scope? I also wouldn't worry about a FFP if I ever saw one where you can actually see the reticle at low power. They just aren't for me because when I'm in a dark wooded area, that cross hair needs to be as bold as possible. I don't take trick shots on game.. As for the Swaro 3-18, that is a damn nice scope. My buddy has a couple. He's a scope snob in a way. Says the older he gets the better glass he needs... I saw a used one the last time I was with him checking out some shops and it was $1,200.00. Nice and light and very nice glass. I guess you get what you pay for there..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA