My friend owns a company that does the internet systems on airlines. He said they were forced by a 3 letter agency to install back doors in all their systems and to provide the access keys to this law enforcement agency. They were required to do it even for foreign airlines. He says they monitor all your web usage while flying.

My neighbor is a former employee of a federal agency that used to listen in on phone calls. He told me they record every sound your phone ever picks up and can go back through and listen to everything if they want. He said they record even when you think your phone is turned off. He proved to me by having me turn my phone off then we talked about hot tub cleaning chemicals. When I later turned my phone on I got a ton of adds for hot tub chemicals. He said that's just the marketing algorithms.

He said the government saves everything and has their own logarithms that trigger an investigation. He said he listened in on phone calls all the time without a warrant especially when one caller was foreign.

I hated that my wife and kids used Alexa but my neighbor said as long as we have smart phones in the house the feds have everything anyways.

Bb