Go see your doctor and get SINGLE VISION good glasses to your prescription for far vision.

Vertigo is a real possibility and you DON'T want to drive with that. You can't, at least not safely.

Using bifocals to drive is really a bad idea, because the image is not contiguous and your brain doesn't like the breaks in input. How do I know? A stroke robbed me of half my field of view, split right down the vertical crosshair with a little divot that lets me see the duplex. So I can't break up what I've got left.

Yes, I did work with a therapist and took a driving test after about three months of increasing "practice." Aced the drive test, because I have always had good habits and excellent situational awareness. Flying and motorcycles helped. I'm the only person she's ever passed with my condition.

But honestly, rush hour on freeways or downtown is not smart. The rest is manageable but driving is no longer casual. With bifocals, I wouldn't have enough uncluttered sight picture to be safe under any conditions at any time. And, if I'm unsafe, I'll stop. I have pulled over to wait for traffic to clear or die down a couple of times.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.