Posting here as thought maybe one of our gunwriter friends have an inside scoop…. With introductions of new rounds I keep seeing things along the lines of “Hornady said they will never make 6.8 Western because it competes with the 6.5 PRC”. It won’t surprise me if soon we here “Nosler won’t ever make 7mm PRC because it competes with 28 Nosler”. So my question is there some royalties companies get that these rounds “compete” with each other or is it simply prestige in the market place. I would think all the ammo makers hope somebody comes up with something new (or re-packaged for crumudgeons) that causes people to buy a bunch of new ammo whether it is their creation or not and will jump on whatever sells vs. holding some competitve grudge. That being said, if there are royalties involved I can see the benefit of only pushing “your cartridge”. However the only thing I have ever heard along these lines is that due to Jamison law suit the WSMs got a price adder for a while. Anybody have any ideas or this is just more internet chatter?

Lou