Originally Posted by erich
For me many times the journey is far more important than the destination. Old and unique weapon make the journey far more pleasant, I know that a modern bolt in 22-250 or AR in 223 is far more efficient of a coyote harvesting equipment but it is so much more fun to kill them with something unique pushing 100 yrs old.

115yr old drilling
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

97yr old drilling and one of my favorites for close in work(200 yards and under)
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That combo gun is just beautiful, handmade and still holds the soul of the artisans that built it. It would be an honor to hunt with it. Given a choice between it and a bolt 308 I wouldn't even consider the bolt action.

Old European drillings and combos can be extremely accurate and give nothing up to modern hunting rifles.

I love seeing people hunt with those classic examples of the gunmakers art. Especially the hammer drillings. The old guy who built them is smiling down on you from the big gun shop in the sky. Thanks for the pics.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by brayhaven; 07/31/22.

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/