Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Remembering back, Texas Memorial Museum used to have some shrunken heads on display. But I’m sure in a moment of wokism they have been removed from display.

I think one of the greatest displays of human remains (for a kid anyway) was the cornucopia of remains at the old "Million Dollar Museum" in White City New Mexico!!!! Anyone remember that place??? Wall to wall junk and crap in what? Three buildings? Until you got to the "Indian" section. Their show piece was a mummified Indian baby! No schidt!!! Freaky as hell. Along with other mummy and semi-mummified remains and skeletons. All laid out for view!!!

The days of roadside Americana!!!

There used to be some mummified Indian remains at the little museum in Langtry when I was a kid, early 70’s. They were found in a cave on the Pecos river as I remember. Seems it was an infant and woman, been a long time ago. Old man ran the thing and pointed at the displays with a stick as he told the stories. Maybe someone else remembers the place. Had horny toads nailed to the wall on the porch. Sure do miss them horny toads, maybe one day they’ll make a comeback.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett