Sorry to hear this.

I've enjoyed the DGJ, think it's one of the highest quality publications of his kind. The binding, paper, etc. were all first class.

Check out the Winter 2013 issue, pg 91, article by Walt Snyder concerning Major Charles Askins, Sr's, Ithaca Flues Model, Gr 4 ejector gun.

I ended up with The Major's 1933 Superposed, did a lot of research on the Askins clan and that gun, published a lot of info on the Shotgunworld site: www.shotgunworld.com/threads/1933-superposed.124719/.

During that time, I was in contact with Bill Askins in San Antonio, the Col's son, Major's grandson. Bill eventually offered me this Ithaca, but I thought it belonged with someone qualified to publish an article, so I put Bill in touch with Walt, who IMO is the preeminent Ithaca scholar. He's written books on the subject, has the original New York Ithaca factory records. Walt bought the Ithaca from Bill, which is better than it languishing in the back of my gun safe.

The Major's Superposed was recently passed onto someone qualified, like Walt, to do a DGJ article on that gun. Well, now I guess it won't happen. Sad.

DF