I haven’t seen a new one but I have a Rem 700 SPS AAC chambered in 6.5 CM with 22” threaded barrel. I bought it 3-4 years so not exactly at the peak of Remington quality. I replaced the trigger group and put it in a Grayboe Renegade stock bought from Red Hawk that included bottom metal. It’s easily the most accurate rifle that I own. It averaged sub 0.5 MOA 5 shot groups out to 300 yards with the first and only factory ammo that I shot in it. The old Hornady American Gunner 140 grain A-Max load. I haven’t seen an improvement with handloads but that’s about as well as I can shoot.

The rifle has the Remington budget finish but it suits that rifle and “tactical look” IMO, the bolt pull isn’t butter smooth, the factory Hogue stock looked cheap and was rumored to have a lot of flex but I replaced the stock before shooting it. It looks good and shoots lights out in the Grayboe stock. Remingtons almost always shoot. It was only about $550 at the time that I bought it. I’d think that the ones under new ownership should shoot. Remington 700’s aren’t exactly new or mysterious technology.

The worst shooting Rem 700 that I have is a similar model (I forget exactly which) with the same barrel profile a 20” threaded barrel, chambered in .223 that I bought used about 6-7 years ago mostly for my kids to practice at the range with. It averages a little over 1.25” groups at 100 yards with loads that it likes and seems to like 68 grain bullets best and to be a little bit finicky. I haven’t done much with load development and I’m sure that a better stock would help.