And "junk"piles. Can't operate without resources.

I'm in Fairbanks now on my way to a caribou hunt. I assembled this take-down, portable meat pole from the available "resource" pile behind the garage (out of our sight- screw the neighbor's view..... smile ). The metal resource pile is inside the garage - soon to be moved to the newly built unheated garage addition.

A couple old TV roof antennas mounts, a 12' salvaged 2x4, a piece of unused angle iron ( to be replaced as soon as I can come up with the appropriate antenna pole pipe). Easily transported broken down on the 16' ATV trailer, under the ATVs.. Last year I used a spruce tree for one end ( I only had one tripod)., but I can't be assured of the same parking spot this year, and we will be arriving late in the afternoon the day before opening day, vs the morning before.

Redneck's R Us!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just missed out on a roll of hog wire at the dump - it was obvious from the grass grown a third of the way up it had been standing on end in someone's yard for several years - it didn't look like any of it had been used, still as tightly rolled as from HD. Front end loader beat me to it, damn it- I need some to enclose next year's garden (moose, hares, porcupines) once I get the garage addition retaining wall back-filled.

One isn't supposed to "salvage" there, anyway, but, man - what a waste!

That 18" long, 4" diameter aluminum tube next to the boat came off a friend's RV awning roll out after he was forced to side-swipe an illegally road-edge parked Touron years ago. I've been using it to cover my 18' Jon boat in the winter - a couple salvaged/scrap lumber mounts and poly tarps keeps the leaves and snow off during winter storage. Or did - boat's going under the addition this year- pipe is going to a friend for HIS winter boat cover.

Last edited by las; 08/08/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.