6MMWASP: Good luck this fall!
Dye7barrel: Better luck next year.
Judman: It appears YOU were not successful? If so sorry.
Handwerk: I have been the "spotter" on countless Antelope Hunts not just for my 3 sons but for MANY friends and newbies.
Ribka: Are you going to make TWO trips out to Montana (one for Antelope and another one for Deer?)? I used to do that as a non-resident (make 2 trips 3 or 4 weeks apart).
Speedgoat3: Best of luck to you and your son! I started my Antelope Hunting back in 1969 in Region 700 as a non-resident.
I drew EVERY year in that Region as a non-resident until I moved to Montana in 1997. Many of those years I also Hunted Antelope in Wyoming as well.
Since moving to Montana in 1997 I have "missed" being drawn in 5 years. Including the last 2 in a row (2,021 and 2,020).
The last 3 years though I have assisted my life long friend who is a 100% disabled Veteran with 3 Purple Hearts (Viet Nam!) to harvest 3 nice Antelope Bucks - and that has been as challenging and as much fun as chasing the Speed Goats for myself.
I do know there was a great fawn crop of Antelope in SW Montana this spring - not sure about eastern Montana - last time I was through there was early February this year - tons of Antelope then but not sure about winter-kill.
Again good luck everyone and watch for Rattlesnakes on the opener.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy