Wondering if there's value in this type of thread.

We all know what we like to keep in the truck - flashlight, cables, rope etc. What have you done to modify the truck tho for hunting? Maybe list type of truck, hunting and then the modification? Much like Wheel of Fortune, let's get R,S,T,L,N,E out of the way and say yes - lift, locker, winch and tires are to be understood.

Deer/Bear/general shooting - works across all trucks.

* Truck with a cap on where the side windows swing up, usually vertically
* cut a piece of plywood to fit from rail to rail - maybe 3 feet wide. Then put a small edge round the outside so nothing can roll off
* lay down either rubber or carpet on it if you want
* install up front towards the cab
* store guns/clothes bags/light gear on it

It's not super secure obviously but it is handy. Going to sporting clay shoots - lay the guns and ammo there. It's out of the cab, up front of the bed and easy access once at the grounds. Same for running up to the cabin - duffle bags of clothes etc. It's better than crawling up in the bed all the time and usually I have oil/dirt/crud on the floor of the bed - so keeps things nice.

(transparency - I'm starting to truck shop again and my hunting is also evolving towards more birds and the like. I'm looking for ideas to steal in that regard but will take all into consideration of "great mods with a hunting purpose")

Me