Remington made a good rifle and in my humble opinion the 416 rem is an excellent design for a cartridge. It is hard to image a forum where people worship at the altar of 458WM not in full agreement?

The only down sides are some of the Remington 700 (safari, custom shop whatever?) rifles are a bit on the long and heavy side. That may or may not factor in. The second, is this is not a control feed rifle. I would be fine with a gun like this and in fact I had one in 458WM. It was a fun shooter and I am sure it would have got the job done given the opportunity.

When I grew up it was pretty much 458Wm or 375HH. I got my brainwashed into thinking we were screwed! Today there is a bewildering array or choices with each having its own fan base. You got about 1/2 the people out there who know it does not matter. Some of those are sincere some others who are pretending it does matter and pimping their favorite. If one were to nit pick those meaningless details, the 416 rem is about as IDEAL as they come.