Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Hell no ! I've already got more deer rifles than I can use. Got a couple old faithfuls that have worked well for years and I've killed a pile of deer with them. Used enough different rifles and cartridges over the years to know they all kill deer about the same degree of dead so no need to keep wasting money trying something different.

Agree completely, but still like new ones, or even better, new old ones.

I’ve done so much shuffling around and giving away that not one “deer rifle” in my possession has killed a deer in my hands. I did loan my Fieldcraft to my son and he killed a doe with it. Hoping to break in a few soon.
I've killed deer with every centerfire rifle I own except my .22-250. I bought that one for varmints and since this is my second .22-250 and I killed deer with the first one years ago I feel no need to kill more with this one. These last few seasons I've mainly just stuck with my faithful old Marlin .30-30 and Ruger 77 Hawkeye all weather .30-06 but have used my Howa/HS precision 6.5 Creed a few times. I should probably sell the rest. It struck me just recently that I haven't even taken my .243 afield since 2013. The thought of trying new rifles/cartridges just bores me anymore. I've had enough and just want to hunt with the ones that are proven and full of good memories. I am officially no longer a "rifle loony". I was at one time but those days are behind me.