One of the whippets got up from his spot where he watches out the window and busted out the dog door a couple hours ago. We got up from what we were doing to see what was up. I went out the front door and an explosion of quail happened, followed by me seeing a raptor flying after some. Didn't see a catch, and the quail of course went and hid in the sagebrush and such. Back inside I go, tell the wife I think a sharp shinned or Cooper's was after my quail.

Got back to what I was doing and wife says, it's on your truck. Dog had been laying in the living room and noticed it land on the lumber rack. I was near it, so I grabbed the good camera and went out to see. I had to shoot through the dining room window for the shots on the rack, but was able to move to another window with less glare when it flew from the truck to my rail fence. Too big for a sharp shinned, so I'm calling it a Cooper's. (Birdy, correct me if I'm wrong wink )

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Stayed there long enough for me to get a good zoom shot. If only the glare wasn't there, sunset coming in from the picture window in the living room.

But, the fence pic through the other window is better. I'd have tried to get out to get an unobstructed shot, but he was looking right at the front door.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?